Advantages of Traditional Kerala Massage Therapy
Kerala, a state of India, is famous for its Ayurveda tradition. Ayurveda is an ancient holistic healing system that originated in India. Ayurveda teaches that wellness and health are dependent on the balance of mind, body and spirit. Ayurvedic bodywork, which uses rhythmic strokes, pressure points and herbal oils to stimulate energy flow, is one way to achieve balance.
Ayurvedic Massage Therapy has many benefits to physical, mental and emotional health. The benefits include:
- It improves blood circulation, and helps remove toxins from tissues. This improves the function of the organs and boosts immunity.
- Reduces fatigue, both physical and mental. Ayurvedic Massage Therapy relaxes muscles, nerves and joints and reduces anxiety and depression. The therapy also improves mood and promotes a better quality of sleep.
- Reduces stiffness and muscle pain. Ayurvedic Massage Therapy relieves the pain and inflammation that are caused by osteoarthritis and arthritis. It also helps with low back pain, sciatica and other musculoskeletal conditions. It increases flexibility and mobility in the muscles and joints.
- It nourishes and improves the texture of your skin. Ayurvedic Massage Therapy uses herbal oils with moisturizing, healing, and anti-aging properties. The oils nourish the skin from within by penetrating deep into it. The oils also remove dead skin, improve skin complexion and prevent skin disease.
- Improves sleep and mental relaxation. Ayurvedic Massage Therapy stimulates endorphin production, which are natural mood enhancers and painkillers. The massage also balances hormones and calms down the nervous system. It helps reduce headaches, migraines and other neurological disorders.
- Rejuvenates body and spirit. Ayurvedic Massage Therapy is not only a physical but also spiritual treatment. It is designed to align the energy flow of the body with cosmic energy. It helps awaken inner wisdom and awareness.
Ayurvedic Massage Therapy
can be performed differently depending on an individual's constitution and needs. Ayurvedic Massage Therapy is available in many forms.
- Abhyanga - A full body massage using herbal oils and warm oils, customized to each person's condition and dosha. The massage is performed in seven different positions using long, flowing strokes. Overall health and wellbeing is improved.
- Shirodhara: Shirodhara is a massage in which a stream of medicated warm oil is poured continuously over the forehead. Depending on the condition of the patient, medicated buttermilk and decoctions can be used. It can be used to treat stress-related disorders as well as neurological disorders, hair problems, and mental health disorders.
- Pizhichil - A massage which involves a constant stream of medicated warm oil being poured over the entire body, followed by a gentle massaging in perfect harmony. Two therapists work together to perform this massage. It can be used to treat chronic diseases, autoimmune conditions, paralysis and rejuvenation
Takradhara: This is a massage in which a stream of medicated milkmilk is poured continuously over the forehead. This is particularly good for skin conditions, psoriasis and stress.
Ayurvedic Massage Therapy is an effective and safe way to improve health and wellbeing. It should only be performed by experienced and trained therapists, who can tailor it to suit your specific needs. If you suffer from allergies or medical conditions, it is important to consult with your doctor prior to undergoing Ayurvedic treatments.
You can choose from these places if you want to experience Kerala's traditional Ayurvedic Massage Therapy:
NuAyurveda is a chain of clinics in India that offers authentic Ayurvedic treatment
Greens Ayurveda is a wellness center offering Kerala Panchakarma therapies and training in Ayurveda.
You can Call us - 00971 567938432 now and book your sessions.